What I want is...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



(you can click on any picture to go to the eBay auction)


...enameled jewelry, circa the '60s and '70s. Suddenly it feels SO right, from the colors (mainly white and gold!) to the sweet shapes (birds, flowers, owls, etc). It's minimal, yet definitely very interesting. And I don't know about you, but although I LOVE wearing a delicate Peretti pendant, or a single diamond stud around my neck, I'm just, well... in the mood for something new. Something summery. And vintage enamel jewelry just totally fits the bill.

Long necklaces can be layered up with shorter ones, or simply worn alone for maximum impact. A long, white pendant necklace is very very striking against tanned skin and a black bikini (why not wear a little jewelry to the beach? you only live once). As is a shorter chain (15"-17" is perfect) with a split-neck top or your fitted white button-down with a few buttons undone.

Enamel flower-shaped pins are super adorable and very tempting, but I'm just not feeling pins this season for some reason. I would however snap some up (if I saw shapes that I LOVED) and keep them in my jewelry box for a frillier time. Right now I just want to keep it simple... a necklace and my wedding rings and that's it. Or a big, wide, statement-making belt and no jewels. I don't want to add any pins into the mix right now. But start collecting, because I predict for next summer to be a return of the blooms - in the form of elaborate silk ribbon embroidery, dior roses in quantity, etc etc etc. Done in a restrained way, of course. I think that we'll all be spoiled the comfort and easiness of fall/winter '06's layer upon layer of sumptuous fabric, but when spring rolls around we'll all want a light and ultrafemme accessory to girly it up just a touch, hence the pins (or perhaps enameled flower earrings?). You heard it here first.

For now, it's the necklaces I'm mainly interested in. They feel clean, fresh, modern... yet with that touch of vintage whimsy that is SO important (lest you look like Gap or Abercrombie ad). And the best part? Collectors aren't too onto them yet, so they're not insanely expensive.


0 Responses to “What I want is...”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm elana, a 20-something woman with a passion for fashion, especially ACCESSORIES, originally from NYC and now transplanted to the city of brotherly love, Philadelphia!
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3